- A combust Graha loses its power.
- This does not apply to Chandra, Rahu & Ketu.
- The degree of proximity at which Grahas become combust varies from Graha to Graha.
- It is normally agreed that the Graha combustion effects are effective when they are in the same Nakshatra Pada with Surya.
- After that the effects are not severe.
- The following are the Graha combustion details as per the Surya Siddhanta:
- Mangala – within 17 °
- Budha – within 12° when retrograde and 14° when in normal motion.
- Guru – within 8° when normal and 11° when in normal motion.
- Shukra – within 8° when retrograde & 10° when in normal motion.
- Shani – within 8° when retrograde & 15° when in normal motion.
GRAHA PARAMOCHHA & UCHHA
- Surya – in Mesha Rashi first 10 degrees is paramochha sthana and rest 20 degrees is Uchha sthana
- Chandra- In Vrishabha Rashi first 3 degrees paramochha bhaga and rest 27 degrees uchha bhaga
- Mangala – In Makara Rashi first 28 degrees paramochha bhaga and rest Uchha bhaga
- Budha – in Kanya Rashi first 15 degrees paramochha bhaga balance 15 degrees uchhabhaga
- Guru – in Kataka Rashi first 5 degrees paramochha bhaga balance 25 degrees uchha bhaga
- Shukra – in Meena Rashi first 27 degrees is paramochha and balance 3 degrees uchha bhaga
- Shani – in Tula Rashi first 20 degrees paramochha bhaga and the balance 10 degrees uchha bhaga
GRAHA PARAMANEECHA & NEECHA
- Surya – in Tula Rashi first 10 degrees is parama neechha sthana and rest 20 degrees is neecha sthana.
- Chandra- in Vrischika Rashi first 3 degrees param a neecha bhaga and rest 27 degrees neecha bhaga.
- Mangala – in Kataka Rashi first 28 degrees paramaneecha bhaga and rest neecha bhaga.
- Budha – in Meena Rashi first 15 degrees paramaneecha bhaga balance 15 degrees neechabhaga.
- Guru – in Makara Rashi first 5 degrees paramaneecha bhaga balance 25 degrees neechha bhaga.
- Shukra – in Kanya Rashi first 27 degrees is parama neecha and balance 3 degrees neecha bhaga.
- Shani – in Mesha Rashi first 20 degrees paramaneecha bhaga and the balance 10 degrees neecha bhaga.
- Surya – in Simha Rashi first 20 degrees is in Moola Trikona and rest 10 degrees is swakshetra
- Chandra – in Vrishabha Rashi first 3 degrees Uchha kshetra rest 27 degrees Moola Trikona
- Mangala – in Mesha Rashi the first 12 degrees Moola Trikona and rest 18 degrees swakshetra
- Budha- In Kanya Rashi the first 15 degrees Uchha kshetra and next 5 degree Moola trikona and rest 10 degrees Swa kshetra
- Guru- in Dhanur Rashi first 10 degrees Moola Trikona and rest Swakshetra
- Shukra – in Tula Rashi the first 15 degrees Moola Trikona and rest 15 degrees swakshetra.
- Shani – in Kumbha Rashi the first 20 degrees is Moola Trikona rest 10 degrees Swakshetra.
- Rahu – Mithuna Rashi is Uchha kshetra, Simha Rashi is Moola Trikona and Kanya Rashi is Swakshetra.
- Ketu – Dhanur Rashi is Uchha Kshetra, Kumba Moola Trikona and Meena Rashi Swakshetra.