- Guru rules Sadhu, Sanths.
- Chandra and Shukra rules over Tiryak Jantugalu – who lives in pitru loka
- Surya and Mangala rules over human beings and Hell
- Budha and Shani rules over Rakshas and pithrus
DIRECTIONS OF GRAHAS (For Vaasthu purpose)
- Sun – East direction
- Chandra – North west direction
- Mangala – South direction
- Budha – North direction
- Guru – North East direction
- Shukra – South East direction
- Shani – West direction
- Rahu – South West direction
- Ketu – North East direction
- The planets Budha and Guru in Mesha, Simha or Dhanur Rashis get digbala which are known as Eastern Rashis.
- The planets Ravi and mangala in vrishaba, kanya or makara get digbala which are called as Southern signs.
- The Graha Shani in Mithuna, Tula or Kumba gets digbala which are known as Western Rashis.
- The planets Sukra and Chandra in kataka, vrischika or Meena get digbala which are known as Northern signs.
- Grahas have strength when they are in their own houses or in Rashis or in houses of their Varga, which are described as friendly.
- Ravi – Simha
- Chandra – Kataka
- Kuja – Mesha and Vrischika
- Budha – Mithuna and Kanya
- Guru – Dhanus and Meena
- Sukra – Vrishaba and Thula
- Shani – Makara and Kumba
- Rahu – Kanya
- Ketu – Meena
- A Planet also acquires positional strength – sthana bhala when it is in its own ascendant Rashi or in its Navamsha (3 degrees and 20 minutes)
- Drekkana (10) degrees.
- The planets are said to have temporary strength – kala-bhala :
- Chandra, Mangala and Shani only at night. Surya, Guru and Shukra only during daytime. Budha at all times.
- All Grahas, with the exception Surya and Chandra are said to enter into Graha Yudda.
- When two Grahas are in conjunction and the distance between them is of the span of less than 2-3 degrees, they are at Graha Yudda with one another.
TASTE OF GRAHAS
- Surya – Hot taste – Khaara
- Chandra – Saltish , acrid
- Mangala – Sour
- Budha – Shad rasas,astringent
- Guru – Sweet
- Shukra – sour,
- Shani – Dicoction -Khashaya
According to another school of thought
- Surya – Pungent
- Chandra – Saline
- Mangala – Bitter
- Budha – Mixed
- Guru – Sweet
- Shukra – Acidulous
- Shani – Astringent
RITHUS RULED BY GRAHAS
- Shukra – Vasantha Rithu (Spring).
- Mangala – Greeshma Rithu (Summer).
- Chandra – Varsha Rithu (Rainy).
- Budha – Hemanta Rithu (Early winter).
- Guru – Sharada Rithu (Autumn).
- Shani – Shisira Rithu (Winter).
RASHI BHOGA KAALA
- Regarding the influence of Grahas with respect to the Rashis :-
- Sun – Six Months
- Chandra – Kshana Kaala – for but a Muhurtha
- Mangala – One Day
- Budha – Two Months
- Guru – One Month
- Shukra – One Paksha
- Shani – One Year
- Rahu – Eight Months
- Ketu – Three Months
- Maandhi – One and Half Year
Note: This Kaala will be useful at the time of Prashna (Horary Astrology)
DHAANYA’S OF GRAHAS
- Surya – Wheat
- Chandra – Rice
- Mangala – Toor daal
- Budha – Green Gram
- Guru – Bengal Gram
- Shukra – Avarekaalu – cowpea
- Shani – Gingili , Black Till
- Rahu – Black Gram
- Ketu – Horse Gram